The blessed land of the Old and New Testaments and the early years of Islam, Jordan has been the crossroad for migrating peoples since time immemorial. Its inherent hospitable and friendly nature is quite an instance in the whole world and it is well exemplified by the Arabic “Ahlan wa sahlan,” heard at every turn of the roads in every city in Jordan.
Take a look at the world map and you will find this beautiful nation seated amidst the close embrace of nations like Syria in the north, Israel on the west and Saudi Arabia in the east and south. The famous Dead Sea and Gulf of Aqaba border its coastal fringes. Coming to its inner core, Jordan is administratively divided into many regions. The main Cities in Jordan, which are otherwise famed as 12 Governorates of Jordan include:
Each of these places is again subdivided into two or more nations or ‘sides’ that constitute some of the Important Towns of Jordan.
Of all the Cities in Jordan, Middle East, Amman is the most important one, since it is the capital of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. There are many major airports in and around Jordan, that serve as the main gateway to other Jordan Cities as well. The airports where you need to fly in to explore the Cities in Jordan, Arab Emirates, are:
- Amman Civil
- Queen Alia International Airport of Amman
Other important city airports are:
- Mafraq Hussein
Some of the superb Amman lodgings, where you will love to stay while on a tour to this Arab nation are:
- Grand Hyatt Amman
- Kempinski Hotel
- Sheraton Hotel
- Radisson SAS Amman
- Le Royal Amman Hotel
While on a Jordan Vacation, do explore some of the city’s world-famous marvels like:
- Al-Maghtas in Arabic- the Baptism Site on the River Jordan, where Jesus is believed to have been baptized.
- Mount Nebo
- Dead Sea
- The Hellenistic ruin of Qasr al Abd
- The beaches at Aqaba- Jordan’s only access to the Red Sea.
- The grotesque geological rock formations at Wadi Rum
Other big Cities in Jordan are not at all bereft of interesting locales as well. Some of them, which must feature on your Jordan travel schedule include:
- Wadi Musa attractions The Treasury (al-Khazna) Petra Monastery (Al Dayr)
- Umm Qais Museum
- Jerash Ruins
- Azraq attractions Quseir Amra Qasr Azraq
- Wadi Ghuweir in Dana
- Madaba attractions Madaba Mosaic Map Um er-Rasas (Kastrom Mefa’a)
The Cities in Jordan have more in an offer for you.